Monday 30 November 2009

The Happines Blog

The Hapiness Blog has been updated, with some interesting bits and bobs, on Friday 27th November, 2009.

Here are a couple of examples:

Friday 27th November 2009 – 8.00am

I had a little lie in (or sleep in) this morning, and got up at 6.30am. I had a light breakfast, followed by twenty minutes of (Zen) meditation, and thirty minutes of physical exercise: (Zham Zhong and Chi Kung). This is an important expression of my commitment to CENT (Cognitive Emotive Narrative Therapy) – because CENT is a holistic therapy, which sees the individual as a historical body and a cumulative mind. If I do not take care of my body, my mind will become ragged. If I do not take care of my body-mind every day, it will decline, degenerate and function sub-optimally.

Meditation is not just a “cognitive distraction” – or a diversion from your normal daily concerns. Done regularly, it is actually a cumulative experience of peace, calm and bliss. It mounts up, and changes the sense of the “ground upon which you stand”.

And regular physical exercise is essential for physical and mental wellbeing.

~~~

Saturday 28th November 2009 – 5.00pm

This is officially still my (secular) Sabbath, but I have a sense of the need to stay in touch with the readers of this blog. I don’t want to wait until late Sunday, or early Monday to get this written and posted.

Yesterday, at some point, I spotted that my health goals were not specific enough, and so I rewrote one in particular. Did you know that your can write goals for your physical and emotional wellbeing, just as readily and usefully as you can write goals for your material success? Once you have written some specific health goals, you will find that you start to think about how to achieve them. What can I do to shift this condition, and by what date do I want to achieve that result? What are the implications for my diet, exercise, and anti-stress activities? Are there any books, websites, or professionals who can help me to achieve these goals? Try this and see what happens. Your health is so important. Without your health, none of your material goals is worthwhile. You cannot enjoy money from an intensive care bed!

~~~


Take a look and see what you think, here: The Happiness Blog.
Best wishes,
Jim

Dr Jim Byrne
ABC Coaching and Counselling Services

Jim's Email Address

No comments: